Thursday, October 14, 2010

Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread

Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread
Adapted from Allrecipes



Welp, I figured it was that time again. Time for more pumpkin. The craving is still full-blown! I've made this pumpkin bread a couple of times in the past and everytime I do, I'm reminded why this is my go to for pumpkin bread. When I first located this recipe, I discovered it had over 3,000 reviews with a 5 out of 5 star rating. After seeing that, I figured it was a must try. And boy is it ever! It's quick and easy, dense and moist and so flavorful. Plus it gets better with age! I wouldn't eat it after a couple of days, mind you, but the bread is definitely at its prime the following day.


Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment